These forums are a read-only archive. Click here to go to the new forums.

Welcome to t-break Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

ASUS F2A85-V PRO Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

-=SNIPER=-

-=SNIPER=-

Head Shot!

• Members Plus
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationDubai
I Managed to get the chance to to review the F2A85-V Motherboard and i want to share the results here.

The Box:
Posted Image

The box Design is an ASUS Standard Design which shows the Motherboard Features on the fronts and the Specifications on the back side of it.

The Packaging:

Posted Image

inside the box I found the following:

•User's manual
•I/O Shield
•4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
•1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)

The Motherboard:

Posted Image

the F2A85-V Pro is a full ATX motherboar , it have the Solid Capacitors on Board and they are actually 5K

Posted Image

here is the FM2 Socket and on the the right side are the 4x DDR3 DIMMs on Board that can holds up to 64GB total RAM with DDR3 1866MHz Speeds

Posted Image

this section views the AMD A85X Chipset which controlls 7xSATA 6GB/s ports

Posted Image

there are 2x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots which can run as single x16 or dual x8 in case of Crossfire or SLI use, 1x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots which running on X4 mode , 2x Standard

PCI Slot and 2x PCIe x1 slot

Posted Image
the Rear I/O P{anel have 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port ,1 x DVI,1 x D-Sub,1 x DisplayPort,1 x HDMI,1 x eSATA,1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s),4 x USB 3.0 (blue),2 x USB 2.0

and 1 x Optical S/PDIF out,6 x Audio jacks

Testing and Benchmark setup:

the setup

Posted Image

Benchmarks:

I Also Managed to overclock the CPU to 4.63Ghz Speed and the results were the following..

Posted Image

Conclusions:

ASUS F2A85-V Pro Motherboard did a good job ,the features on board like the DIGI+ helps to make the motherboard perform much better in overclocking and Stability.

things extra i liked is the Remote GO! which links the Motherboard to your Tablet ( for Example) and use it to remote desktop , File transfer and DLNA Hub.

Overclocking wise, I managed to Spend some time in overclocking the CPU and Cooling it the Motherboard parts in a proper way to be able to achieve the highest stable

overclocking for this budget type Motherboard and AMD APU and I would say seeing it running at 4.63GHz @ 1.56v VCore is a great job indeed.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3960X @ 5Ghz
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
GPU: 2x ASUS HD7970 DirectCU II TOP ( Defaults )
RAM: 4x4GBCorsair Vengeance 1600MHz C8 @ 1950Mhz 10-11-11-25
Audio: ASUS Xonar Xense
PSU: Enermax Galaxy 1000w
HDD: 2x320 Seagate 7200.10 @ Raid0 (System)
HDD:500GB Seagate 7200.10 (Storage)
Case: moded TT ARMOR BLACK
Cooling: Dangerden Custom watercooling

3DM V: (http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4530735 ) 51527
3DM 11: (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4863654) 16092

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users