These forums are a read-only archive. Click here to go to the new forums.

Welcome to t-break Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Need help buying dell xps 8500 and price factor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi guys. I am getting the below specs for 1074USD from dell website. Someone from the US would be bring the below along with them. I wanted to know would it be cheaper to buy something as the same spec below in dubai or should I order it from over there or would it be better to assemble the same over with the same specs and would it save me money.
In this price 349 dollars is for the monitor which by the way I am getting a discount price over. It.
Need help soon. thanks

XPS 8500 XPS 8500
Chassis Black w/19:1 Media Card Reader
PROCESSORS 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (up to 3.90 GHz)
OPERATING SYSTEM Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, English
MONITORS Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24"W Monitor, 24.0 Inch VIS, Widescreen
LIMITED WARRANTY 3Yr PREMIUM PANEL Ltd. Warranty, 3 yr Advanced Exchange
HARD DRIVE 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
SPEAKERS No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
WIRELESS Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio 4
USB 3.0 Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
MONITOR No Monitor
Adobe Reader No Adobe Reader Selected
Ship Material Shipping Material, Direct
Wireless Driver Dell SRV Software 1703
Documentation English Documentation DAO
Additional Software Additional Software
Optical SW Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials DVD
Power Cord US Power Cord
KEYBOARD Dell KB213 Wired Multimedia Keyboard, US-English
MOUSE Dell Laser Mouse
Cant think up of a cool one yet

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

View PostsanDoo, on 16 November 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Where's the graphics card? I always recommend to assemble your own PC.
Sorry heres the graphic card details
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5 for Win 8 W8NVGA3 [320-9394]

View Postleonetu, on 16 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Its a good price but you lose warranty, unless they offer international warranty.

I never buy systems from the big boys (HP, Dell and the like) as the upgrade path and parts are a bit difficult to replace, or do not allow a lot of flexibility. I had a dc7800 HP tower that needed a replacement mobo and HP was charging almost $250 for a 2 year old board! The mobo format is BTX so could not use a regular ATX board.
So what do you suggest. The specs are good and getting a good price on the same. I think since stopped shipping internationally the international warranty goes out the window. Until there is aan internation warranty upgrade that I can do which I believe should cost me another 300 dollars. My brother is living in Miami and hes planning in coming around january. So I thought I can buy it and have sent to him. Just wondering would it better to build it myself. Not really too sure how much it would cost me with the same specs over here in Dubai. Also I am not to sure on the MOBO as well.
Kinda confused as to which direction I should take.
I had bought a dell xps gen 2 when it got released in 2005 and shelled out over 3400 USD for it. Since I got more hooked on ps3 games gaming on the pc was not too much up to par. Now I thought to go ahead and get something worthwhile.
Please advise what i should do.
Thanks

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Just checked with dell and I get international warranty. Also if i have it fedex. would I need to pay any customs in dubai for the delivery.

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ok given the situation here. I guess it would be better for me to assemble one and thus I would like to ask for help for the following.
I have a budget of 1074 USD. What's the best that I could get in this amount. The thing inlike about Dell is the customer service. Incase if a part breaks down they replace it FOC so I'm covered for thee years against manufacturing faults.
Also what about compatibility of these parts with each other. Most times compatibility is an issue resulting in crashes and BSOD. Also will all the parts be able to compliment each other such as no bottle necks.

Preference are having a gaming system and a fast processor also ensuring that there is room for upgrades. So which place should I have it assembled from here in dubai. so can u recommend menthe below along with a price and also a place to buy it. One supplier would be better as then in case of warranyty or anything else I dont have to bug my head for it.
Which processor
Which Mobo
Which hard drive and size
Which ram and how what size
Which PSU
Which graphic card
Monitor is costing me for samsung 24 inchs led for 235 usd. So that means 838 usd remaining is to spent on the remaining hardware.

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I got a quote from one of the computer shops in Sharjah and he provided me with the below quote. I have asked him to give me a new quote with a i7 upto 3.9GHZ. Also to let me know which mobo they are using also what PSU is being provided with it. Total cost for the below is 3730. with the specs that I had placed earlier from dell is costing me 3200 and I dont know which board they are using, also no wirelss lan card and the processor speed is till 3.4 so I am guessing going for a 3.9 will cost me another 400 dhs . so I am wondering if this is what I am getting if i buy it from here wouldn't it better to just buy a dell and be also assured of quality after sales services?.

What do you have to say. Please do recommend. Unfortunately in my state I have been out of the hardware segments for more than 4 years now and catching up to everything in the last past few days has been quite a daunting task trying to understand each mobo specs, new gfx card processors etc.

S. No.
Products
Qty.
Unit Price

Processors 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (up to 3.4 GHz
AED. 1095.00
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMs 8GB162D
AED. 155.00
Video Card NVIDIA Gigabyte GT 640 2GB GDDR5 for Win
AED. 455.00
Drive 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 GB/s 2TBS
AED. 375.00
Media Card Reader
AED. 15.00
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet IN-d-link dg528t
AED. 55.00
Drive 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW), write to CD/DVD 16XDVDR
AED. 75.00
Sound Integrated 7.1 creative
AED. 95.00
Samsung led 24
AED. 860.00

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Getting a system made in the US not an option as my bro is a cardiologist and time is luxury he does not have. Given the options from your end from the price point Dell seems to be a good option considering the discount of 400 dollars which I am getting. I have a spare 40 inch sony bravia 100 MHz which is just collecting dust. If I take out the monitor it will cost me 700
Dollars which I think is a good deal what do you say should I take out the monitor or not. Only that the monitor is a led.

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

View Postleonetu, on 19 November 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Can you send a link of the actual product you are looking to purchase?

heres the link

http://configure.us....soho&cs=ussoho1

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for all your time buddy. You got me a bit curious on the SSD. I'll have to look up on the Dell cart that I saved to Check whether they provide SSD. Going for a better graphic card is not an option because that's the max Dell prOvides with this system. Another option now which i am reevuating is getting it done Here and using my 40 inch LCD. It has a high refresh rate and high motion sensor. Only thing Im concerned is the hardware comPatability and errors. Going with preassembled system like Dell you can rest assured that's not going to be a problem. If anyone can ecommens a good shop who's not willing to rip me off and provIDE a good spec. Not really sure on which moboni should go for now :)

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Also what is ure opinion of this board and how much do you think it's worth. Should into for this board if I want to have a good gaming rig

ice2hot

ice2hot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Just cheked the carts of dell. Adding an SSD is shooting up my price quite a alot. For 1399 im getting 17 3.90ghz
12GIG DDR 3, cant downgrade it, nvida 660 cant downgrade to 640. 2tb +32gb SSD only. no monitor bluray drive, cant downgrad to 16Xdvd burner,
Is there a shop who can built me this spec without charging me a bundle for it and also ensuring at the same time that an assembled pc wont have hardware conflict also not duping me on the MOBO. The MOBO is the place where people get cheated.
If not Ill have to go without the SSD and compromise on boot times :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users