These forums are a read-only archive. Click here to go to the new forums.

Welcome to t-break Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Cricket World Cup 2011

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

your_gothic

your_gothic

• Moderators
  • 9,421 posts
28 years. And India has finally won another World Cup, and that too on home ground, an achievement no other team has even come close to.

This is a perfect finish for Tendulkar. He had achieved everything, every record, every cup, every tournament, except the World Cup, and now he has it. Now he can retire in peace.

Honestly, the way India started in the tournament, I had zero hopes they would make it. Poor bowling, pathetic fielding and Sreesanth spelled doom for us. Relying on a legendary line up of batsman wasn't going to be enough. But happy to be proved wrong.

A truly proud moment for me.

I remember reading a chapter in my Hindi text book in 4th grade about Kapil Dev, the only other captain to have won India the World Cup. I wonder if 5 years from now, if there will be a chapter for Dhoni. Wouldn't that be sweet.

India - the champions of the world. In ICC rankings, too. :D
Intel i5 750 ll ECS P55-something ll GeForce GTX570 ll 4Gx1 Kingmax NANO ll Artic Cooler-something ll Creative Audigy2 ZS ll Roccat Kave 5.1 Headphones ll Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse ll Roccat Sense Gaming Mousepad ll Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System ll OCZ Vortex II 60GB SSD ll 250GB Seagate SATA-II 7200.10 8MB ll Enermax 535W PSU

Console: Xbox 360 Elite (Jasper),PS3 40GB ll HDTV: Sony KDL32EX720 32" 3D LED HDTV

KevFernandes

KevFernandes

• Members Plus
  • 191 posts
  • LocationDeira, Dubai, UAE

View Postyour_gothic, on 03 April 2011 - 04:45 AM, said:

28 years. And India has finally won another World Cup, and that too on home ground, an achievement no other team has even come close to.

This is a perfect finish for Tendulkar. He had achieved everything, every record, every cup, every tournament, except the World Cup, and now he has it. Now he can retire in peace.

Honestly, the way India started in the tournament, I had zero hopes they would make it. Poor bowling, pathetic fielding and Sreesanth spelled doom for us. Relying on a legendary line up of batsman wasn't going to be enough. But happy to be proved wrong.

A truly proud moment for me.

I remember reading a chapter in my Hindi text book in 4th grade about Kapil Dev, the only other captain to have won India the World Cup. I wonder if 5 years from now, if there will be a chapter for Dhoni. Wouldn't that be sweet.

India - the champions of the world. In ICC rankings, too. :D

Amen to that ......
NZXT Tempest 410 Elite I Intel i5 3570 3.4 GHz l Corsair XMS3 1600MHz RAM 16GB l Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC 1155/1350 l 500 GB HDD I Sony DVD Burner l Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H l Corsair CX600 I Roccat Apuri SDMS l Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Mouse Pad l Roccat Isku Keyboard I Samsung SyncMaster SA300 LED 20" l Roccat Kone [+] Mouse I Razer Onza Xbox Controller

LG 32LD550 LCD TV l Zotac ZBox HD -140 HTPC l Patriot Valkryie 2TB NAS l Cideko Air Mouse l Canon EOS 1100D l Monster Tron Headphones l BlackBerry Curve 9360 I HTC One X l Sony Vaio Y Series AMD E-450 NetBook

In Mumbai City

luckyarcher

luckyarcher

Apple enthusiast

• Members Plus
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationAbu Dhabi
What everyones talking about is the coincidence of winning the cup on the same day and date, 28 years back.
Intel Core i5 2500K | Gigabyte GA-PA65-UD3-B3 | Corsair 4GB DDR3 | GALAXY GEFORCE GTX 460 768MB | Crucial 64GB C300 RealSSD 6 Gbps | Kingston SSDNow 30GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB +1.5TB | Samsung 26" T260HD | Logitech Performance MX | Logitech k750 Solar Keyboard | Logitech X-530 5.1 | Silverstone Raven 2 | Antec Earthwatts Green 650W

hitender_s

hitender_s

Administrator

• Members Plus
  • 6,280 posts
Well worth the wait. India played superbly no doubt throughout the World Cup. After beating teams like Australia and Pakistan, India deserved this one.

zerocool

zerocool

• Members Plus
  • 2,158 posts
For the next 4 years, when you say Cricket, say India! Congratulations Team India and to the people of India. Gotta love dem' blues!
"I'm doin' 160 on the highway, so if you do the speed limit get the f*** out of my way!"

Apple iPhone 4S 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB Jelly Bean 4.1.1 @ 1.7Ghz

your_gothic

your_gothic

• Moderators
  • 9,421 posts

View Postluckyarcher, on 03 April 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

What everyones talking about is the coincidence of winning the cup on the same day and date, 28 years back.

False. The 1983 WC was held in June.

I am currently downloading the highlights. Too bad it's not on Usenet yet.

Man, every time I think about the match, I start smiling. What a match. What a victory!
Intel i5 750 ll ECS P55-something ll GeForce GTX570 ll 4Gx1 Kingmax NANO ll Artic Cooler-something ll Creative Audigy2 ZS ll Roccat Kave 5.1 Headphones ll Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse ll Roccat Sense Gaming Mousepad ll Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System ll OCZ Vortex II 60GB SSD ll 250GB Seagate SATA-II 7200.10 8MB ll Enermax 535W PSU

Console: Xbox 360 Elite (Jasper),PS3 40GB ll HDTV: Sony KDL32EX720 32" 3D LED HDTV

zerocool

zerocool

• Members Plus
  • 2,158 posts
It's still sinking in.. the victory that is. It really does bring a smile everytime I think about it. Dream comes Blue :D
"I'm doin' 160 on the highway, so if you do the speed limit get the f*** out of my way!"

Apple iPhone 4S 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB Jelly Bean 4.1.1 @ 1.7Ghz

Buzzz

Buzzz

• Members Plus
  • 362 posts
Did kratchi derbar sponsor the event?

KevFernandes

KevFernandes

• Members Plus
  • 191 posts
  • LocationDeira, Dubai, UAE
huh? :D
NZXT Tempest 410 Elite I Intel i5 3570 3.4 GHz l Corsair XMS3 1600MHz RAM 16GB l Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC 1155/1350 l 500 GB HDD I Sony DVD Burner l Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H l Corsair CX600 I Roccat Apuri SDMS l Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Mouse Pad l Roccat Isku Keyboard I Samsung SyncMaster SA300 LED 20" l Roccat Kone [+] Mouse I Razer Onza Xbox Controller

LG 32LD550 LCD TV l Zotac ZBox HD -140 HTPC l Patriot Valkryie 2TB NAS l Cideko Air Mouse l Canon EOS 1100D l Monster Tron Headphones l BlackBerry Curve 9360 I HTC One X l Sony Vaio Y Series AMD E-450 NetBook

In Mumbai City

[DVS]Lurker

[DVS]Lurker

Administrator

• Members Plus
  • 14,436 posts
The format of the World Cup sucked. The top teams had it easy to qualify to the Knock outs. From there on its anybody's game. From the Quarter Final stage you are just 3 wins away from Lifting the cup. Which is not a bad idea, if reaching the Quarter Finals was an effort, but it wasn't. Even Teams with no expectations like Pakistan made it all the way to the Semis. Where expectedly India beat Pakistan because of India's strong suit - batting. However if Pakistan would've won, that would've been a major upset worth talking about.

What came to light was the Indian media's ugly face. "Kala Pathar". :) hahahahahah.
India still does not have REAL bowlers.

Wahab Riaz's sajda (sujood) to God was humbling. Always great cheering for a team of your fellow Muslims. :D

When all your power has been stripped away, you are faced with a moment of clarity, as an unknown force draws you into that eternal second where life and death collide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users