These forums are a read-only archive. Click here to go to the new forums.

Welcome to t-break Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Etisalat offer: 10gb 3g data package for 99dhs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

mashakos

mashakos

• Members Plus
  • 6,077 posts
After a horrendous 1 week experience with Du, i threw away my worthless Du sim card and went back to Etisalat. What's even worse is that i lost 200dhs on the non-existant 2gb du package, it's non-refundable rven as credit!

Anyway, in the process of resubscribing to my old etisalat 1gb data package i found out about this cool offer: 10gb "unlimited" data plan is available now at 99dhs, down form 395dhs. The offer is only available for 3 months but it's still awesome.
I'll probably downgrade to the 5gb data plan in September but until then: 10gb goodness!

Posted Image
Posted Image

SideSwipe

SideSwipe

Modimus Prime

• Members Plus
  • 15,982 posts
My reply here is simply:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

mashakos

mashakos

• Members Plus
  • 6,077 posts
Oh yeah? I guess you're head is screwed on backwards because this thread has nothing to do with Apple products :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

darthoz

darthoz

Sith Mod

• Members Plus
  • 14,945 posts
What was wrong with the Du package?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 | Asus P5QL-E | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair H70 | 8GB OCZ Reaper | Sapphire HD 5850 | LG 42SL90 LED | Thermaltake Tough Power 650 W | Jamo A402 HCS12 5.1 | Razer Barracuda AC-1 + Onza Tournament Edition | X360 Wireless Windows Controller

Posted Image

SideSwipe

SideSwipe

Modimus Prime

• Members Plus
  • 15,982 posts
Well we know what you will use this with anyways, you beloved JobsPhone

mashakos

mashakos

• Members Plus
  • 6,077 posts

View Postdarthoz, on 24 June 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

What was wrong with the Du package?
Let me count the ways:
  • Coverage was very poor in the areas I usually hang around in. Namely, 10 minutes away from Emirates Mall and the area near Apple Bee's at SZR. These aren't out in the desert! Only exception I found was within the major malls themeselves: reception was fine there.
  • 3G was totally useless: barely got reception anywhere, and when I did it kept dropping after a few seconds. Only exception I found was within the major malls themeselves: reception was fine there.
  • The final straw: kept getting "we are experiencing difficulties" messages whenever I tried to call from home (10min away from Emirates mall) for a full day! What's even more laughable, when I switched to my etisalat sim card and called Du support, the line couldn't connect!!
  • 3G Prices are very similiar to Etisalat and that's what I care about most as I use skype to talk with friends and family abroad via 3G.
  • Horrendous support: I was informed that a team will check the SZR area and get back to me within 72 hours. 6 days later and no phone call. When I called about it, I was told that the team are "doing their best" and that I should wait for a call that will be given "as soon as possible". I thought Etisalat sucked, yeesh!
  • After applying for the 3G package for only a few days, I had no ability to get a refund if I wanted to cancel the useless thing! 200dhs + 55dhs down the toilet :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

mashakos

mashakos

• Members Plus
  • 6,077 posts

View PostGnOsIs, on 24 June 2010 - 09:14 PM, said:

well you should read the fine print.

Firstly the 99 dhs package is billed from the 1st to the 1st. So if you buy the thing on the 29th, on the 31st your first month gets over (after 2 days).
nope, not true. Just dialled *144*3# and my next billing date is on... 24-Jul-10

View PostGnOsIs, on 24 June 2010 - 09:14 PM, said:

Secondly you cant cancel it after the 3rd month. You have to use it for the 4th month (and pay the 395 dhs) and then change your package. But im not sure about this as ive spoken to 5 people from etisalat, where 3 of them agree with me and 2 dont.
the guy at the counter mentioned that I can cancel any time within the offer period, but he maybe ill informed - being an Etislut support slut and all :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

mashakos

mashakos

• Members Plus
  • 6,077 posts

View PostGnOsIs, on 24 June 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

no trust me on this one. Tried and tested.
ok, we'll see. I'll check my balance on the 1st and report back.

Posted Image
Posted Image

darthoz

darthoz

Sith Mod

• Members Plus
  • 14,945 posts
I heard about Du coverage issues, but fig'd they'd resolved them by now, this is sad.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 | Asus P5QL-E | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair H70 | 8GB OCZ Reaper | Sapphire HD 5850 | LG 42SL90 LED | Thermaltake Tough Power 650 W | Jamo A402 HCS12 5.1 | Razer Barracuda AC-1 + Onza Tournament Edition | X360 Wireless Windows Controller

Posted Image

Narcot1c

Narcot1c

Forum Alcoholic

• Members Plus
  • 7,594 posts
gfjfg
Posted Image

Someone plunged a dagger deep into God's chest

When he groaned it laid our entire civilization to rest

When he pulled out the dagger and marvelled at the pain he could create

We stuck another in his back and sealed creation's fate