These forums are a read-only archive. Click here to go to the new forums.

Welcome to t-break Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

"Core Temp" - A program for accurate Core, Core 2 and K8 CPU temperature monitoring

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

The Coolest

The Coolest

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Download Core Temp v1.0 RC4

This program that lets you monitor Intel's Core 2 and Core i3i5i7, AMD Athlon64 and later VIA C7 and Nano chips' die temperature.
The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core, near the hottest part.
For more information click here

There is also an article posted about Core Temp and a little background on standard thermal sensors - Article
Please help out Core Temp popularity by Digging it.

If you find any bugs, please post it in the "Bugs" section ASAP!
Any suggestions on improvements or ideas are welcome in the "Development" section.
Note 1: Please read the ReadMe!.txt file for some useful tips.

Are you a developer yourself and have ideas for new features?
Click here for information about developing your own plugins for Core Temp.

What's new:

Version 1.0 RC4 - 15th October, 2012

*** Core Temp Monitor is now available, an Android app to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world!
More information is available here

- New: Multilingual interface. Core Temp now natively supports adding non-English languages.
- New: Plugin system - 3rd party developers can now create plugins and extensions for Core Temp, both native code and .Net is supported, please see here for more information.
- New: Added support for Intel Pentium and AMD K5 and newer processors. (detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- New: Added support for VIA processors. (C3 - detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- New: Intel Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, AMD Bulldozer, Piledriver and Fusion (Trinity, Llano, Brazos) support.
- New: Max TDP detection on supporting processors.
- New: Active power consumption on Intel's Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors.

- Fix: All of the user reported bugs and many more unreported problems.

- Update: Optimized the startup code, Core Temp should now launch 2 to 4 times faster.
- Update: Optimized many other aspects of the code, Core Temp should now consume much less CPU time than before.
- Update: Restored support for older OS: Windows XP is now fully supported, Windows 2000 requires security updates KB935839, KB835732and GDI+. In some cases Hotfix KB816542 may be needed as well.

Older versions
Main rig:
Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz @ 3000MHz (333x9) @ 1.33v (Tuniq Tower 120) / Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula / Vid card: BFG 8800Ultra OC / Mem: 4x2GB DDR2 PC-8000 G.Skill 4GBPQ / PSU: Enermax Liberty 500W.

"Core Temp" - A program for accurate Core, Core 2 and K8 CPU temperature monitoring

QuadDamage

QuadDamage

• Members Plus
  • 6,211 posts
Good stuff bro, but the links you 've posted are dead. Please fix them.

The Coolest

The Coolest

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
The links are live and kicking, unfortunatly there may be problems for some people to actually get on the website, I'm not sure why.
I'll see what I can do, maybe I'll post a link to the IP of the server if its possible.
Sorry it doesn't work for you ^_^
Main rig:
Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz @ 3000MHz (333x9) @ 1.33v (Tuniq Tower 120) / Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula / Vid card: BFG 8800Ultra OC / Mem: 4x2GB DDR2 PC-8000 G.Skill 4GBPQ / PSU: Enermax Liberty 500W.

QuadDamage

QuadDamage

• Members Plus
  • 6,211 posts
you better make sure those links begin to work.

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server. The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.
For assistance, contact Customer Support.

The Coolest

The Coolest

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
I contacted the host to see if this can be solved, for now you can download it here
Main rig:

QuadDamage

QuadDamage

• Members Plus
  • 6,211 posts
Nice utility really. Works nice under WinXP but i've tried it on two other PC's - both of them are running Vista RC2 and your proggie doesn't work on one of them.

It works on ATi chipset based Shuttle XPC, it does not work on nVidia nF4 SLI system. Keep up the good work.

The Coolest

The Coolest

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Yes, Vista x64 edition requires a driver to be digitally signed and this signiture costs $500/yr, I refuse to pay that much to be able to run a FREE UTILITY on M$ new OS. I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.
I hope there may be a workaround later on, but from current prospects I don't see this problem going away any time soon :sad:
Main rig:

L u D a

L u D a

• Members
  • 1,465 posts
nice stuff, thanx.
However, here's a n00b question. whats an alright temperature for a 939 X2 4600+ ? I am currently getting a 54-55 C at both cores. while the casing's on and no air conditioning in room.

It also show's a TCASE temperature, which i assume is the total case temperature as 59 Degrees C. is all this cool?
Posted Image

Posted Image

'I always figured when I got older, GOD will, sorta come into my life somehow.
He didn't.
I don't blame him
If I was him I'd probably have the same opinion of me that he does'.- NoCountryForOldMen

The Coolest

The Coolest

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Well 55C is an ok temperature for stressed CPU, if its running stock speed, idle then I guess it is pretty warm.
Also the TCaseMax is somewhat decieving, as it relates to the highest temperature that the junction between heatsink and IHS/Core can get to, while the temps Core Temp shows are the core's internal temperature.

And if you want more info on TCaseMax there is a dedicated app for that here, it also has some more info on the whole concept of TCaseMax and what it could mean to hardware enthusiasts/overclockers.
Main rig:

QuadDamage

QuadDamage

• Members Plus
  • 6,211 posts
I'm on x86-32bit Vista - Your proggie works on one Vista based machine while it doesn't work on other - Both systems use the same version of Vista - Built 5744 RC2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users